Wednesday, June 20, 2012

From Fat to Full

June 20, 2012:  Well it has been quite a while since I have written.

Work has been incredibly busy preparing for us to host and execute the Inaugural Canton Marathon.

It was a HUGE success! Over 5,000 participants from 41 of the 50 states and five different countries converged on Canton and the greater Stark County area to make a first year event, a sight to be hold.
Thanks to the 1000's of volunteers to participated in one of the many events over the ocurse of race weekend.  Thanks to the volunteer committee chairs who spent hours upon hours of their own time to ensure the success of the weekend.  Thanks to the safety, fire, and EMS services for being first class all the way to ensure the safety of the runners.  Thanks to the athletic trainers, doctors, nurses, and Aultman/AultCare volunteers who worked hours on their feet on a holiday to volunteer at the finish line and help runners as the crossed.  MOST IMPORTANTLY, thanks to our participants for Running Canton!

As per the above, I have not had much time to post like I would normally.  But I'm back.  I'll keep this short and sweet.

Training has been going well.  I have maintained my goal weight of 200 for the better part of five weeks, and am up to 14 miles for my long runs.  Granted I'm NOT fast, but I'm getting it in.  As such I have re-evaluated my goals.

Starting today with a 7 mile run, I have officially begun my training for the 2012 Akron Marathon.  What can I say?  I feel great.  Training is going well.  Time to up the challenge.  Stay tuned.  I am blogging regularly again and keeping all apprised of my progress on the road and weight maintenance.

I am ready for this.  I CAN AND WILL SUCCEED!

-Or at least that's the plan.  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment